Entry Form & Rules
Download a copy of the National Plott Hound Association High Scoring Coon Dog of the Year Entry Form. This form is in PDF format. › Download Now
1. The High Scoring Dog of the Year Contest is open to all current paid up members in good standings of NPHA. The owner and handler must be paid up members of N.P.H.A. Dues must be paid up to date. Current paid membership dues new or renewals are due January 1st of each year and expire every year on December 31st. They do not run from one year of the time of purchase and expire on that date of purchase the following year.
2. Contest runs from 2 weeks prior to Plott Days and ends 2 weeks prior to Plott Days of the following year.
3. Forms are available to be filled out for each hunt entered and must be signed by the Master of Hounds of the event. (Send several forms to each participant.)
4. All completed forms must be mailed (postmarked) to the Secretary no later 2 weeks prior to Plott Days,
so that all points for the participant can be totaled and the winners determined.
5. Points are awarded as follows for UKC events only:
3 points - cast wins with plus points at a Plott Sectional, Thursday all Plott Hunt at Plott Days, or any
Purina point’s event. (The six Breed Days, Autumn Oaks, Winter Classic, U.K.C. World Hunt, RQE
2 points - non cast winners with plus points at all the above hunts.
2 points - cast winners with plus points at all other hunts.
1 point - non cast winners with plus points.
0 points - even with the board, minus points, withdrawals, or scratching, even if the dog did win the
cast. This also includes non drawn buddy hunts.
6. Ties will be broken in the following fashion:
1st – by the most cast wins.
2nd – by also keeping the total plus points and the highest total would be the winner.
7. Awards to be given:
Dogs with the most points will be High Scoring Dog of the Year and that dog’s picture will go on the
back of next years membership cards. Dog will also receive a trophy at Plott days.
Opposite sex dog with the most points will be the High Scoring Opposite Sex Dog of the Year and will
receive a trophy at Plott Days.
8. If possible, verify points with U.K.C. or call the club.
Revised April 20, 2006